Head of Buying
Description de l'entreprise
Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world’s leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivalled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth. The Ali Bin Ali Group of Companies has evolved and grown in response to Qatar’s diversifying requirements. We are currently active and are expanding in the following business sectors:
•Luxury & Fashion
•Contracting & Property Management
•FMCG & Distribution
•Production, Digital Imaging & Events Planning
•Information &Communication Technology
•Medical Equipment & Supplies
•Printing, Publishing & Media
•Sponsorships & Affiliates
•Travel, Tourism & Cargo
We are proud to say that The Ali Bin Ali Group of Companies is the “Partner of Choice”. We possess a pristine reputation among our staff who stay long with us, our principals who enjoy doing business with us, retailers who prosper alongside us and our nation which recognizes us.
Description du poste
The role player will take full commercial responsibility for both Brands and Products. That individual will also manage a team of Senior Buyers, Buyers, Junior Buyers and Buying Coordinators (so good interpersonal skills and coaching skills are essential).
Reporting to the General Manager, this senior member of the commercial team must be able to represent the company at the highest level and be an excellent communicator and ambassador of the brand.
This senior management level role will need to demonstrate a high level of internal influencing skills and will be working closely with the GM and Executive Vice President of Ali Bin Ali Group as well as other board directors due to the high profile nature of the division and the nature of the buying responsibility that spans the Group functions.
As the leader of the Buying Function, this role will be negotiating with all the senior brand managers/directors from around the region and will need to possess the gravitas and expertise to present a strong and convincing argument through all negotiations. Due to the nature of the country and region as a whole the Head of Buying will from time to time will be expected to meet and discuss the personal fashion requirements with the VIP customers including Royalty. There will also be a need to understand local government regulations on supply chain process – ordering/quantification/costing/delivery.
- University graduate preferably in a business related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years in senior buying position and 10+ years in total within buying.
- Experience in Premium/Luxury Fashion, preferably fashion.
- Computer literate using MS Office package, i.e., Word, Excel and Power-point.
- Proven managerial experience of a buying team.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- A high degree of gravitas and personality.
- Organized with high attention to details.
- Excellent written and spoken English preferably with French speaking background.
- Applied flair in fashion – ladies clothing, accessories, children’s wear, etc. either through qualifications or experience.
- Good Arabic culture ,market knowledge and local fashion trends will be useful.
- Demonstrable customer relations management skills.