Description de l'entreprise
Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world’s leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivalled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth. The Ali Bin Ali Group of Companies has evolved and grown in response to Qatar’s diversifying requirements. We are currently active and are expanding in the following business sectors:
•Luxury & Fashion
•Contracting & Property Management
•FMCG & Distribution
•Production, Digital Imaging & Events Planning
•Information &Communication Technology
•Medical Equipment & Supplies
•Printing, Publishing & Media
•Sponsorships & Affiliates
•Travel, Tourism & Cargo
We are proud to say that The Ali Bin Ali Group of Companies is the “Partner of Choice”. We possess a pristine reputation among our staff who stay long with us, our principals who enjoy doing business with us, retailers who prosper alongside us and our nation which recognizes us.
Description du poste
As a senior member of the team you will demonstrate excellent coaching by means of buying practices and ways of working with the team, whilst assisting the Head of Buying where possible.
This member of the buying team must be able to represent the company at the highest level due to the magnitude of external relationships with suppliers, vendors and stakeholders.
The role will include the management of Buyers and Buying Coordinators so interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential.
As a key member of the commercial team this person will be an expert within their category and will lead all commercial decisions.
The Senior Buyer will be fully responsible for the directorate, including the buying plan and P&L which will be closely discussed with the Head of Buying.
As a gatekeeper for the directorate all financial decisions relating to brand and product will be managed, such as pricing, markdown, stock, OTB management etc.
- University degree graduate preferably in a business related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years in a buying position with at least 2 in a senior buying role.
- Experience in Premium/Luxury Fashion, preferably Fashion.
- Computer literate using Office package, i.e., Word, Excel,Power-point.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Great communicator with exceptional relationship building skills.
- Exemplary negotiator.
- Organized with high attention to details.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, preferably with French speaking background.
- Good knowledge on Arabic culture, market and local fashion trends would be useful.
- Demonstrable customer relations management skills