Financial And Administrative Assistant (Intern or Freelance Contract)
Description de l'entreprise
Marine Serre is a young brand based in Paris that started to gather international visibility in Spring 2017. Stockists for January 2019 (SS19) include Dover Street Market, SSENSE, Joyce, MatchesFashion, Galeries Lafayette, BOON. We are far from the established houses however, in internal culture and direction.
For consolidating our situation, we are per direct in need of a starter that can help us to execute and further develop our in-house accounting. The ideal candidate should be well qualified in this direction and explicitly willing to build his/her longer term future with us in accountancy.
Description du poste
Direct job desk tasks include:
- Monthly financial accounting: assembling, filing and categorizing all bills and invoices following our business plan categories;
- Developing those categories;
- Elaborating sound financial reports in collaboration with Managing Director;
- Aiding in the transfer to SAGE accounting software;
- Making sure all bank transfers are backed up by easily retraceable invoices or bills;
- Closing our account and tax year, preparing P&L statements, preparing yearly tax payments, assisting in drafting Business Plan;
- Preparing outgoing payments for validation or directly effecting payment;
- Assist in budget control for all departments;
- Everyday administrative back-office management.
- background and career ambition in accountability;
- the ability to stay focused and concentrated in a tumultuous working environment;
- a sound understanding of confidentiality;
- knowledge and/or training in SAGE software as a strong plus;
- knowledge of the French financial legal environment (taxation, VAT, etc.) for medium-sized enterprises;
- an urge and vigor for clean administration and calculation;
- attentiveness to things, following them to the end;
- affinity with the work of Marine Serre;
- an understanding of the creative processes, idiom, and business environment of upmarket fashion;
- proven excellent command of MS Excel.
Furthermore, it is crucial that the candidate enjoys working for a new and small brand in a (post-)start-up phase. This means a thrilling environment that constantly poses new challenges. However it also demands a high degree of flexibility and self-confident insight in the needs of our enterprise. Above all, it requires a strong degree of collaborative trust and team-spirit!
We stimulate spirited but well-worked motivation letters of 250 words max. in English, and further require a CV of one page max. Recent graduates must include a diploma + transcript or will not be considered.
Pepijn van Eeden